24-Hours of Prayer Guide for Pentecost 2020
May 29-30 6pm-6pm
Words of encouragement:
To Theophilus, the lover of God. I write to you again, my dear friend, to give you further details about the life of our Lord Jesus and all the things that he did and taught. Just before he ascended into heaven, he left instructions for the apostles he had chosen by the Holy Spirit. After the sufferings of his cross, Jesus appeared alive many times to these same apostles over a forty-day period. Jesus proved to them with many convincing signs that he had been resurrected. During these encounters, he taught them the truths of God’s kingdom realm. Acts 1:1-3
PRAYER POINT 1: Acts 1:4 – Wait and Receive
Jesus instructed them, “Don’t leave Jerusalem, but wait here until you receive the gift I told you about, the gift the Father has promised.”
I declare that Your people will wait for God and receive the gift that He has promised!
• As God’s people we will spend time daily cultivating our relationship with Him.
• Our posture would be one of prayer and of receiving what God has for us.
PRAYER POINT 2: Acts 1:8 – Be a Witness of Jesus
But I promise you this—the Holy Spirit will come upon you and you will be seized with power. And you will be my messengers (witnesses) to Jerusalem, throughout Judea, the distant provinces—even to the remotest places on earth!”
I declare that Your people will be Your witnesses even to the remotest places on earth!
• Testify of Jesus – See, and then say what you have seen to your family, your places of influence, in the 7 mountains (Government, Media, Education, Arts/Entertainment, Religion, Family, Business) and in those places beyond.
• Enlarge our influence as the body of Christ.
PRAYER POINT 3: Acts 1:10 – Ascension of Jesus
As they stared into the sky, watching Jesus ascend, two men in white robes suddenly appeared beside them.
I declare that Your people will step into the heavenly realm where Jesus is as we are seated in heavenly places!
• The Church will rise up and become the sons of God with the inheritance that we were intended to have in Christ.
• That the Church will understand their righteousness in Christ.
PRAYER POINT 4: Acts 1:13-14 – Gathering to Pray and Intercede
Arriving there, they went into a large second-floor room to pray….All of them were
united in prayer, gripped with one passion, interceding night and day.
I declare that Your people will gather to pray and intercede in unity!
• Restore the Tabernacle of David in this time (Amos 9:11) – A house of prayer for
• That God’s people will stand between the good and evil as intercessors to bring
forth Your Kingdom.
• Government – Lift up President Trump/Vice-President Pence and their families
for health; strength; guidance; a personal relationship with Jesus, wisdom,
understanding, and godly strategies. Also pray that people would vote with
biblical values and uphold the integrity of the 2020 election.
• Media – Silence the unholy media and the mouth of the wicked and replace with
truth that reveals the hidden things and brings them to light.
• Education – Pray for those in education and the challenges to be overcome with
this school year and the one to come. Pray for administrators and teachers and
all involved to have wisdom, understanding and strength.
• Arts/Entertainment – Cleanse the arts and entertainment arena during this
• Religion – Pray for those involved in false religions to hear and turn to Jesus. Let
Your Church find her voice.
• Family – Draw families closer together and remove any obstacles that are
• Business – Pray for a double-portion provision for businesses that have been hit
by the economic crisis cause by the corona virus. That Americans will recover all
that has been taken from them. Pray for multiplication of food sources; there
will be no famine in the United States.
PRAYER POINT 5: Acts 2:2 – Hear the Sound of the Wind of the Spirit
Suddenly they heard the sound of a violent blast of wind rushing into the house from out
of the heavenly realm. The roar of the wind was so overpowering it was all anyone could
I declare that as Your people, we will listen for the sound of the wind of the Spirit
coming from the heavenly realm!
• Pray that ears will be opened in the natural and the spiritual.
• Let the “suddenly’s” of God pour forth!
PRAYER POINT 6: Acts 2:3 – See the Fire of God
PRAYER POINT 6: Acts 2:3 – See the Fire of God
Then all at once a pillar of fire appeared before their eyes. It separated into tongues of
fire that engulfed each one of them.
I declare that as Your people, we will watch for and receive the fire of God!
• Pray that eyes will be opened to see the fire of God and to feel His power.
• Renew our passion and purify us as the Bride of Christ needs to be.
PRAYER POINT 7: Acts 2:12 – Be astonished at the godly phenomenon
They all stood there, dumbfounded and astonished, saying to one another, “What is this
I declare that as Your people, we will see and be astonished at the phenomenon of God!
• Recognize and pray the goodness of God into the earth.
• Tell others of Your goodness and how You are working in the earth.
PRAYER POINT 8: Acts 2:13 – Receive the new wine
But others poked fun at them and said, “They’re just drunk on new wine.”
I declare as Your people, we will receive the new wine and the new wineskin of the Holy
I declare that as Your people, we will not fall into a religious spirit but we will receive the
new wine and the new wineskin, whatever that looks like.
• Pray for discernment between good and evil
• Pray for deliverance from the enemy.
PRAYER POINT 9: Acts 2:17 – Pouring Out of the Holy Spirit for Prophecy and Dreams
“This is what I will do in the last days—I will pour out my Spirit on everybody and cause
your sons and daughters to prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your old
men will experience dreams from God.”
I declare that the Holy Spirit will be poured out causing prophesies, visions and dreams
from God on all!
• That alignment of our dreams/destiny/purpose would be realized in this time.
• Ability to interpret dreams for ourselves and for others.
PRAYER POINT 10: Acts 2:19 – Revelation of signs and wonders
I will reveal startling signs and wonders in the sky above and mighty miracles on the
earth below. Blood and fire and pillars of clouds will appear.
I declare that people across the earth will see signs and wonders in the heavens and
miracles on the earth.
• Display Your signs and wonders in the stars.
• Show Your miracles upon the earth.
PRAYER POINT 11: Acts 2:22 – Performance of signs, miracles and wonders
Peter continued, “People of Israel, listen to the facts. Jesus, the Victorious, was a Man on
a divine mission whose authority was clearly proven. For you know how God performed
many powerful miracles, signs, and wonders through him.”
I declare that as Your people we will walk in signs, miracles and wonders just like Jesus.
• The Church will do greater things than even Jesus Himself. (Jn 14:12)
• Let us be on Your divine mission with authority!
PRAYER POINT 12: Acts 2:32 – Resurrection
“Can’t you see it? God has resurrected Jesus, and we all have seen him!”
I declare as Your people we will tell others of the resurrection of Jesus.
• Resurrect Your people from death to life!
• Awaken those who don’t know You personally.
• Resurrect the economies of the world and a double anointing for the economy of
PRAYER POINT 13: Acts 2:34-35 – Enthroned
David wasn’t the one who ascended into heaven, but the one who prophesied: “The Lord
Jehovah said to my Lord, I honor you by enthroning you beside me, until I make your
enemies a footstool beneath your feet.”
I declare that as Your people who are enthroned in heavenly places, we place the enemy
under our feet!
• We place the corona virus under our feet!
• We place the lies of the enemy under our feet!
• We place fear under our feet!
PRAYER POINT 14: Acts 2:38 – Repent and be Baptized
Peter replied, “Repent and return to God, and each one of you must be baptized in the
name of Jesus, the Anointed One, to have your sins removed. Then you may take hold of
the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
I declare that as Your people we will, like Peter, guide those who are lost to repent and
• Surround us with those who don’t know You so they can see Your love and
power in action through us!
• Bring the prodigal sons and daughters into Your kingdom.
PRAYER POINT 15: Acts 2:39 – Receive the Promise of the Holy Spirit
For God’s promise of the Holy Spirit is for you and your families, for those yet to be born
and for everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.
I declare as Your people that we will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit!
• Lord, fill me up with Your Holy Spirit all the way to overflowing, as I have never
• Let Your Spirit flow to all those who are around me, in my home, in the market
place, in my church. Let no one go untouched!
PRAYER POINT 17: Acts 2:40 – Rescue from the Culture of the World
Peter preached to them and warned them with these words: “Be rescued from the
wayward and perverse culture of this world!”
I declare that as Your people we will come out from the culture of this world!
• Bring those who love You into our culture and into a Kingdom culture. Bring
them into our Government, into our Media, our Education, our
Arts/Entertainment, the Religions of the world, into our Families, and our
• That the Government of these United States will not overstep its boundaries.
PRAYER POINT 18: Acts 2:42 – Communing and communion
Every believer was faithfully devoted to following the teachings of the apostles. Their
hearts were mutually linked to one another, sharing communion and coming together
regularly for prayer.
I declare that as Your people we will commune together and take communion together
remembering the sacrifice of Jesus.
• Take time to take communion together.
• Move us past social distancing and come together in community.
PRAYER POINT 19: Acts 2:43 – Fear of the Lord (Holy awe)
A deep sense of holy awe swept over everyone, and the apostles performed many
miraculous signs and wonders.
I declare that as Your people come into alignment with the fear of the Lord many
miraculous signs and wonders will be made manifest on the earth!
• Welcome God’s holy awe to sweep across society and across the world.
• The Fear of the Lord will come upon the enemies of God.
PRAYER POINT 20: Acts 2:44 – Unity
All the believers were in fellowship as one body, and they shared with one another
whatever they had.
I declare that the unity of believers as the body of Christ will grow.
• Bless the relationship between the United States and Israel and pray for peace.
• Repent for any places of unforgiveness towards our brothers and sisters in
• Repent for the times that we as the Church have been silent
• One new man would join together - believers of Jesus and the Jewish people
who have turned to Jesus.
PRAYER POINT 20: Acts 3:14 – Stand in the Face of Rejection
You rejected the one who is holy and righteous, and instead begged for a murderer to be
I declare that as Your people we will stand in the face of rejection just as Jesus did.
• Give Your people strength to stand firm in the face of rejection and persecution.
• Remove a spirit of offense.
PRAYER POINT 21: Acts 3:21 – Restoration of All Things
For he (Jesus) must remain in heaven until the restoration of all things has taken place,
fulfilling everything that God said long ago through his holy prophets.
I declare that as Your people we will speak out the prophecies of Jesus until they open
the way for the return of Jesus!
• Teach us to be Watchmen on the Wall for Your kingdom.
• Let us see Your prophecies as they are being revealed.
PRAYER POINT 22: Acts 4:13,29 – Empowerment to Speak the Word of God Freely and Courageously
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were
uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been
with Jesus. Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all
boldness they may speak Your word….
I declare that as Your people You will empower us to speak out boldly and courageously
in the name of Jesus!
• Let people know we have been with Jesus because our speech comes from the
• Let us walk in the courage of the Lion of Judah!
PRAYER POINT 23: Acts 4:30 – Use Us to Heal, and Move in Signs and Wonders by the Name of Jesus
…by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through
the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.
I declare that as Your people You will move through us to heal and perform signs and
• Healing for those with Corona virus and all health issues.
• Healing for those who have lost loved ones.
PRAYER POINT 24: Acts 4:31 – Shaking on the Earth and the Moving of the Holy Spirit
And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken;
and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with
I declare that as we pray in unity as the body of Christ, You will shake the earth as we
are filled with the Holy Spirit and speak the Word with boldness!
• Do a mighty work in the earth and shake out those things that are not of You.
• Fill Your people afresh with the Spirit and with a new boldness that will be seen
across the land!